Sell My Car To A Dealer
Want to upgrade your car? Or no longer need your vehicle? Sell us your car! We’ll give you an amazing price for your car so you can get your next vehicle. We offer great part exchange offers on all our new and used cars, so there’s never been a better time to sell your car to a dealer.
Why sell your car to a dealership
There are plenty of reasons to sell your car to a dealership. It’s quick, convenient and you can get a better deal if you put it towards a part exchange.
- Quick & convenient - simply submit a valuation form to get the ball rolling. We handle the process for you, from giving you a fair valuation to working out the details and handling paperwork (where we can)
- No need to advertise - you don’t have to go through the time-consuming process of listing your car online. And you won’t have to deal with enquiries, viewings and test drives either
- Sell your car during finance - even if you have a car on HP or PCP, we can buy you out of your finance agreement. We go into more detail on how this works below
- Cash or part-exchange - choose to sell your car to a dealership for a cash amount, or use the value of your car as part exchange when purchasing your next vehicle
- No hidden fees - unlike car selling platforms, we don’t charge any other hidden admin or service fees
- We collect your car - once the deal is finalised, we’ll come pick your car up! Or you can deliver it to us if you prefer
How to sell my car back to a dealership
Selling your car back to a dealership is one of the quickest ways to sell your car. Submit a car valuation and we’ll be in touch. From there, we’ll offer you a price to buy your car from you.
You can either accept the offer as a cash deal, or use that as part exchange against the value of your next car. Once the deal is done, we’ll handle whatever paperwork we can on your behalf. You walk away with money in the bank, or a great price on your next car.
Follow the steps below to find out exactly how to sell your car to a dealership:
- Head to our Sell My Car page
- Fill out your details and submit the form
- We’ll be in touch with you to give you a valuation on your car
- If you’re happy with the valuation, you can sell the car directly to us, or use that valuation as part exchange towards your next vehicle
- If you’re happy to go ahead, we’ll finalise the deal
- We come pick it up, or if you prefer you can deliver the car to us
- We help you with signing over the necessary paperwork
- You walk away with cash, or drive away with a great part exchange deal
Selling my car when it’s on finance or PCP deal?
You can sell your car to a dealership even if it’s on finance from another dealership or lender. It doesn’t matter if it’s a HP or PCP agreement either, as the process for selling your car is the same for both.
Follow the below steps to sell your PCP car early:
- Get in touch with your lender and request a finance settlement figure
- Get a car valuation - use our quick & accurate Sell My Car form
- Take away the finance settlement figure from your car’s current value
- The number you’re left with is the settlement amount.
If the number is positive, you have positive equity. You can take this as cash, or use it as part of the deposit towards your next car. If the number is negative, you have negative equity. You’ll have to pay this amount to get out of your agreement.
Due to COVID, used car values are higher than ever. That means there's never been a better time to sell your PCP car early, whether you’re looking to upgrade to a new model or if you no longer need a car due to a lifestyle change.
For more information on this, read our detailed guide on selling your PCP car early.
Selling your car to a dealership FAQ?
Still have questions about selling your car to a dealership? Read our FAQ section below for answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
Is it better to sell my car to a dealer?
Selling your car to a dealer is quick, convenient and hassle-free when compared to selling it privately. If you go the private route, you have to list your car in multiple places (including taking detailed pictures & writing descriptions) and meet people for viewings and test drives etc.
But when you sell your car to a dealer, you don’t have to go through any of this!
Instead, you submit your car for a valuation, then we handle the rest! It’s that easy.
Will a dealership buy my car?
We’ll buy any car that’s in good condition. If your car meets the following criteria, we’ll offer you the best value:
- Minor damage (bodywork, wheels, tyres, interior, lights, mirrors etc.)
- Safe tyres with legal tread limit
- At least a part-service history
- All documentation and keys
- Valid MOT
- Not a write-off of any category
Fill out a form and we’ll be in touch to ask you a few questions about the condition, trim level, options and anything else we may need to know for a fair valuation.
What documents do I need to sell my car?
You’ll need the following documents when selling your car:
- V5C Logbook
- MOT certificates
- Service history
- Insurance repair documents
- Parts receipts
- Initial buying receipts
The V5C is the most important document when it comes to selling your car, so make sure you have it.
Can I part exchange my car?
We’ll accept part exchanges of any make and model car, as long as it’s in good condition. We’ll be able to offer you a higher value exchange when compared to cash. Just fill out a form or get in touch and we can discuss part exchanging.
Why sell your car to Dick Lovett?
We’re always on the lookout for used cars, and we’re currently offering great offers for trade-ins and part exchanges.
Here at Dick Lovett, we’re a family-run business with over 50 years of experience. Our dealerships across the South West of England and Wales offer first-class customer care, helping you to get the best deal possible.
If you’re thinking of selling your car to a dealer, get in touch with us today and we’ll talk you through every step of the process – helping you to get the best price for your used car.
- Great offers on trade-ins and better deals on part-exchange
- Obligation-free vehicle valuations
- Quick, convenient and secure process
- We'll collect your car
- We’ll buy your car during finance
- No hidden admin fees