Don’t let lockdown and the weather get you down! We've put together our Dick Lovett MINI Entertainment Guide to keep you more than busy in your free time.
What better way to spend a dark winter evening than snuggled up on the sofa with your favourite snacks watching some classic films featuring the beloved MINI!
Here's a selection of our favourite MINI movies:
- A Shot In The Dark
- The Italian Job (1969)
- The Italian Job (2003)
- The Bourne Identity
- The Britalian Job
- Mr Bean
- Austin Powers Gold Member
- Young Adult
- Bake two 8 x 10 cakes and stack them straight on top of one another. Use this chocolate Madeira cake recipe here
- Cut a length off the side to make a better car width.
- Round off the corners.
- Carve the back of the cake in a slope for the boot.
- Carve into the front of the cake and slope down from the top to create the bonnet.
- Carve two indents into the bonnet to create the shape of the headlights.
- Split your cake into however many layers you would like.
- Fill your layers with your desired filling. I’ve used chocolate buttercream (recipe here).
- Stack your cakes back onto each other and leave to set. Then cover your cake in a thin layer of buttercream/ganache in a ‘crumb coat’.
- Roll out your icing to 5mm thick.
- Cover your cake with your rolled out icing smoothing it down with your hands as you go and lifting out any pleats and folds. Use smoothers to get a great finish.
- Add on your details with a little edible glue.
Or if a 3D cake is a bit too much of a stretch, perhaps try baking some MINI Cooper Biscuits?
Make your friends jealous with MINI shaped cookies by using this 3D printed MINI cookie cutter from Etsy, and at just £4 with £1.50 postage, it’s a bargain!
You'll also be supporting a small local business.
Put a bit of MINI into your Christmas... and start early!
If you fancy getting into the Christmas spirit early, then why not get your Christmas tree and decorations looked out, and then add some MINI charm by ordering these personalised MINI Christmas Tree decorations:
Writing your Christmas cards early? Every MINI fan will love these MINI Christmas cards:
Send your friends and family a MINI themed Christmas card.
Enjoy this 10 pack of 4.25-inch-by-5.5-inch holiday cards with blank inside allowing you to fully customise your joy filled message.
Available to order through Amazon, just click here. Make sure you buy soon to account for delivery times!
Fun MINI activities for all ages!
Try some of these fun MINI activities created by MINI UK - hours of fun for all ages:
A MINI crossword - something to keep the kids entertained.
A MINI Maze - who wouldn’t want to find a MINI at the end of a maze?!
Or if you’re feeling energetic, maybe you’d like to try a MINI workout? Disclaimer: a MINI is required - Let's workout!
Cleaning your MINI
When your MINI is your pride and joy, you want to keep it clean - and what better way to give it a treat than with some MINI cleaning products! You may not be driving it anywhere, but at least you can admire it parked on your drive.
We hope that you are keeping safe and well during this lockdown and we’d love to see what you get up to with our MINI activities - so don’t forget to tag us on Instagram: @dicklovettmini and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DickLovettMINI