Frequently Asked Questions

Q Who is eligible for the Motability Car Scheme?


To join the Motability Scheme, you must receive one of the following disability allowances with at least 12 months remaining when you apply - if you have less, you'll need to wait until your allowance provider renews your allowance:

  • Higher rate mobility part of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Higher rate mobility part of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Enhanced rate mobility part of Adult Disability Payment (Scotland)
  • Higher rate mobility component of Child Disability Payment (Scotland)
  • War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)

You cannot apply if you receive a lower rate or component of mobility allowance, or Attendance Allowance. If you receive DLA and have been instructed by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to apply for PIP, you also cannot apply. You won’t be affected if you already have a Motability vehicle.

Parents of children (from the age of three) and non-drivers can apply to join, but the vehicle must be used by, or for the benefit of, the disabled person.

View Dick Lovett’s BMW Motability ​offers, or if you're interested in a MINI, view our MINI Motability ​offers here, or contact our friendly team today to see if you’re eligible.