Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q Can I get a Mobility car?


If you are in receipt of a qualifying mobility allowance then you can exchange that allowance for a Motability vehicle. There are four types of allowance which qualify you for the Motability scheme.

  • Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • War Pensioners’ Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP).

If you need any special modifications made to your vehicle to allow you to drive it this can be done at the start of your agreement.