Accounts Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Benefits with the role
- A generous holiday allowance (25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Servicing, Parts and Accessories Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Learning and Development
- Volunteering Opportunities
- You will also receive excellent training and development from BMW and our Group staff
Our Bristol Finance Team that supports the BMW/MINI Dealerships have a fantastic Accounts Assistant opportunity available for a 12-month contract maternity cover.
Working closely with the Dealership Accountant, and as an integral part of the Finance Team, the successful candidate will provide accounting support to the business.
For this role, we are looking for someone who can reliably commute to our office in Bristol. If you are looking to relocate for this role, please include this in your covering letter.
Responsibilities may include:
- Processing purchase ledger invoices and reconciling to the nominal ledger and supplier statements.
- Processing payments including finance settlements and the purchase ledger run.
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts and clearing any variances, as requested by the Dealership Accountant.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the Finance department, including bank reconciliations, cash book posting and Sales Ledger maintenance along with ad hoc projects.
- Maintain accounting documents and records, ensuring all files are up to date.
If you have the skills and experience above, combined enthusiasm and commitment, you could be just the person we are looking for.
Essential skills and experience for this role:
The ideal candidate will have experience with purchase ledger transactions, general accounting tasks and experience with account reconciliation. Strong attention to detail and tenacity are core competencies that are required.
Previous motor industry accounts department and using the Keyloop Kerridge/CDK/DRIVE system is preferable.
Working at BMW BristolExplore location
Dick Lovett has been representing BMW for over 50 years and opened its Bristol location in 1997. As the largest dealership on the Bristol campus, BMW is also one of the most well-known by customers in the local area. We have team members who commute from around the South West to work in Bristol from Thornbury, Almondsbury, Bristol City Centre and Portbury.
The team works hard to provide a first-class service to both sales and aftersales customers. BMW Bristol is situated in Laurel Court just off the A4018, easily accessible from Junction 17 of the M5 motorway.
Working in the Accounts and Finance teamExplore team
Working in the Accounts & Finance Team is an exciting and challenging opportunity for anyone interested in finance and accounting. We’re committed to delivering the highest level of service to our customers, and our Accounts & Finance Teams play a crucial role in ensuring the financial stability and success our dealerships.
As a member of the Team, you will be responsible for a wide range of financial activities, including managing budgets, preparing financial reports, and analysing data to identify opportunities for growth and improvement.