Vehicle Damage Assessor
Benefits with the role
- 25 Days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Regular Pay Reviews
- Life Assurance
- Servicing, Parts and Accessories Discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Referral Scheme
- Learning and Development
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Onsite Parking
Our Body shop in Bristol has a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Vehicle Damage Assessor to join our team. The successful candidate will play an integral part in ensuring the high standards of service and repair work by accurately assessing workload.
You will be working within a customer facing environment, in a fast-moving team, so strong communication and interpersonal skills are imperative for this role. You will need to have a good manner over the phone and be computer literate.
- Inspecting damaged vehicles to assess the extent of damage
- Creating accurate and detailed repair estimates using manufacturer's data and industry guidelines
- Liaising with third parties such as insurance companies to discuss repair costs and timescales
- Ordering necessary parts and materials for repairs
- Monitoring repairs and ensuring they are completed to a high standard
- Keeping up-to-date with manufacturer repair methods and industry standards
- Ensuring that all work is completed in accordance with health and safety regulations
- Upholding workshop standards including a clean and tidy environment, and ensuring that equipment and tools are maintained.
- Proven experience as a Vehicle Damage Assessor in an Accident Repair Centre or similar environment
- Confidence to carry out accurate estimating independently
- Thorough knowledge of vehicle repair methods, materials, and costs
- Knowledge of the Audatex system is advantageous in this role
- Ability to use manufacturer repair data and industry guidelines to create accurate estimates
- Ability to build rapport with customers and insurance companies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work to a high standard
- A valid UK driving licence
We are looking for someone who can work to tight deadlines to deliver a fantastic customer service. If you have excellent organisational skills, are diligent, and have a getting it right first time attitude we would love to hear from you. Additional training will be provided in accordance with our specialist vehicles.
Working at Bristol BodyshopExplore location
Dick Lovett has a dedicated Bodyshop facility on the Bristol campus to provide bodywork and paint repairs to all of the brands we represent including Porsche, Aston Martin, BMW, and MINI. We are easily accessible from the M5 motorway, by following the A4018 to Laurel Court in Cribbs Causeway.
At Dick Lovett, we can handle all types of car repair, from bodywork damage to removing chips and dents in paintwork. The Bodyshop team in Bristol offer services covering the South West of England and South Wales. Our team is supportive and encouraging at the Bodyshop with a wide variety of options to develop in your career.
Working in the Bodyshop teamExplore team
Being a part of our Bodyshop Team offers an exciting opportunity for those who are passionate about delivering a personalised experience to customers in need of vehicle repairs and restoration.
As a valued member of our Team, your expertise and attention to detail will play a crucial role in ensuring our customers receive excellent service and leave with their vehicles looking as good as new.
Vehicle Damage Assessor
We are looking to give a hardworking and dedicated Panel Beater the opportunity to join our Bodyshop in Swindon.
Bodyshop Assistant Manager
Our Bodyshop in Swindon is looking to appoint an Assistant Bodyshop Manager.