BMW Motorrad has unveiled the new 2016 BMW R nineT Scrambler at EICMA in Milan alongside the refreshed F 700 GS and F 800 GS.These new models join the G 310 R small capacity roadster announced last week at a conference in Munich, and the previously announced C 650 Sport and C 650 GT maxi-scooters.
The new Scrambler is the latest addition to the BMW R nineT model range, offering a similar proposition of a Boxer-powered roadster but with a 'Scrambler' heritage and style. The BMW R nineT Scrambler will offer owners a huge variety of ways and official parts and accessories to customise their motorcycle.
Highlights of the new BMW R nineT Scrambler:
- Powered by the 1,170cc air/oil-cooled Boxer twin motor making 110 hp (81kW) at 7,750 rpm and 116 Nm at 6,000 rpm
- Classic ‘scrambler’ design including upright seating position, fork gaiters, classic colour scheme and raised twin exhaust
- Large 19-inch front wheel
- Modular frame with removable passenger subframe and seat
- Spoked wheels available as a factory-fit option
The new BMW G 310 R.
BMW Motorrad also displayed the 2016 BMW G 310 R in EICMA, having been launched at a conference in Munich last week. The G 310 R is the company's first roadster under 500cc.
Highlights of the new BMW G 310 R:
- Innovative 313cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine with DOHC, backward-tilted cylinder and intake tract positioned at the front
- Making 34 hp (25 kW) at 9,500 rpm and a maximum torque of 28 Nm at 7,500 rpm
- Rigid tubular steel frame, upside-down forks and long swingarm for a high degree of ride stability, precise steering response and dynamic handling
- BMW Motorrad ABS as standard
- Low seat height of 785 millimetres
- Dynamic roadster design with echoes of the S 1000 R
The new BMW F 700 GS & F 800 GS.
BMW Motorrad presents the new BMW F 700 GS and F 800 GS. Two popular models have been updated with a visual refresh, featuring new tank covers, electroplated elements and two-colour seat covers.
A total of five possible seat heights for each model (with four seats and optional lowered suspension) offer perfect ergonomics for riders whatever their height.
The new BMW C 650 Sport & C 650 GT.
The new C 650 Sport and the new C 650 GT have been updated to offer even greater performance, comfort and safety potential. With an extensively modified drivetrain, more comfortable suspension settings and a completely revised design for the C 650 Sport, they combine more than ever the excellent riding qualities of a motorcycle with the agility and comfort offered by a maxi scooter.
Highlights of the new C 650 Sport and C 650 GT:
- New CVT transmission setup in conjunction with revised clutch linings for improved acceleration
- New suspension and damping setup for an ideal compromise between sport and comfort
- In addition to ABS, Automatic Stability Control (ASC) comes as standard
- Completely new, dynamic design for the C 650 Sport
- Detailed stylistic fine-tuning for the C 650 GT
- World-first debut of the new Side View Assist (SVA) rider assistance system (SVA) on the C 650 GT